Scanner Helpful Tips
- Tap on the image to focus on an area.
- Tap on hold on an scanned image in the tray to drag and re-arrange.
- Scanner detects the orientation of the document and rotates it automatically.
- Good recognition results do not depend on document edges.
- When Auto Capture is turned on, the app will capture an image when the camera sees recognizable text and the device is held steadily for 2 seconds.
- If Edge Detection is enabled, ScanTone and Auto Capture both require all 4 edges be completely and clearly visible to activitate. So, if edges are not important to you, turn Edge Detection off.
- Only languages based on Latin alphabets are supported. For example, most Asian languages, Arabic, Russian and Greek are not supported.
- On the image, double tap on a block of text to read it.
- In the text view, double tap on a word to starting read from there.
Saving and Exporting
- Exported PDF documents contain text layers and are accessible.
- We recommended using “Save to Files” option to save scanned PDF or text on your device, or in a cloud file system such as iCloud, Dropbox or Google Drive.
- After installing Voice Dream Reader 4.8.0 or newer, you will be able to scan documents directly from Reader.
- Scanner only works on images, not PDFs. To OCR a scanned PDF document, open it in Voice Dream Reader.