With the Pronunciation Dictionary, you can tell Voice Dream Reader to skip text without reading it outloud. For example, if you want to skip the title of a book:
- With the text open in the Reader, go to Voice Settings-Pronunciation Dictionary.
- Tap on “+” to create a new entry.
- For the entry name, type in the text you want skip, like “War and Peace”.
- Set the match type to Any Text.
- Set Ignore Case to On.
- Set it to “Skip”.
You can also select the text on the screen and then tap on “Pronounce” in the pop-up menu.
If you’re adventurous, you can try using Regular Expression, or RegEx. RegEx is a way to express any pattern in text. For example:
- Chapter and Verse in the Bible is “[0-9]+:[0-9]+”
- Any text inside parenthesis is “([^)]*)”
To skip text using RegEx, just enter the pattern without the quotes, and set it to match with RegEx as match type.