Today’s text-to-speech voices are excellent. Monotonic, robotic voices are history. But getting it to read something you want to listen to is not always easy.
Voice Dream Reader can load and extract text from many sources and file formats. After extraction, Voice Dream performs additional processing to optimize the text for text-to-speech. Ads on web pages are stripped out, page numbers go away and strange characters are removed, so you can focus on what matters: the content.
The text is stored on your device so you can listen to it anytime, even when you’re not connected.
Supported File Formats
- EPUB (DRM free)
- DAISY 3.0 text-based eBooks
- DAISY 2.02 audiobooks
- Zipped MP3 files, such as LibriVox
- Plain Text
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Apple Pages
- Apple Keynote
- Google Drive
- iTunes via USB or WiFi
- Evernote (Experimental)
- Built-in Web Browser
- “Open In…” from another app
- Cut-paste via clipboard
- Folders for organizing content
- Text Editor
- Language translation via Google Translate through in-app purchases
- Export full text to clipboard, printer, email, and other apps
- Export highlighted text and notes to clipboard, printer, email, and other apps
- Share what you’re listening with friends on Twitter, Facebook, SMS, or email (iOS 6+)
- Books in Kindle, iBooks, Nook and most online bookstores are protected by DRM and cannot be loaded into Voice Dream Reader. It’s possible to remove DRM, but it violates your contract with the online bookstores.
- Instapaper requires paid subscription for third party access. See information on their Website.